Physical Therapist Assistant ( On Call )
|Location:||New Hope, MN|
|Employment Type:||On Call|
|Description:||Saint Therese of New Hope is looking for an on call PTA to join our growing Rehab Division.|
Performs physical therapy treatments using recognized and approved techniques. Performs non-patient related tasks to support the operation, organization, and maintenance of the physical therapy department. Works under direction and supervision of a registered physical therapist pursuant to Minnesota guidelines. Is responsible for providing quality patient care, assisting with program development and in-service presentation
|Duties:||1. Performs delegated portions of physical therapy plan of care.|
2. Completes documentation of treatment including reaction to treatment and plans for upcoming care, as established in the physical therapy plan of care, as well as documentation of the final treatment.
3. Assists the Physical Therapist in carrying out complex procedures and programs as instructed.
4. Attends patient care conferences, discharge conferences, restraint reduction meetings, etc. as requested by the Physical Therapist.
5. Performs rehab screenings and reports objective findings to the Physical Therapist.
6. Performs non-patient related tasks in physical therapy department as needed.
7. Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
8. Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
9. Performs duties in a safe manner and observes approved safety procedures at all times.
10. Participates in educational programs in the interest of improving skills as required.
11. Follows State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the physical therapist assistant.
12. May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned or instructed.
|Qualifications:||Education: Graduate of Physical Therapist Assistant program which is certified by the American Physical Therapy Association, with an Associate’s degree|
Experience: Minimum of one year experience as a physical therapist assistant in a skilled nursing facility preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work effectively with geriatric patients
Ability to work cooperatively with others
Demonstrates good documentation skills
Ability to communicate through oral and written skills
Demonstrates good organizational and time management skills
Demonstrates knowledge of current insurance guidelines
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.